Ocean Insight has packaged its high-performance Ocean HDX spectrometer with a high-power UV LED and accessories for protein concentration measurements. The package provides excellent resolution and enhanced dynamic range in absorbance readings, with minimal stray light.
The BioBundle – Protein Measurement Package comprises an Ocean HDX-UV-VIS (200-800 nm), 280 nm LED with LDC-1 single-channel driver and LED controller, Square One cuvette holder, a 1 cm pathlength quartz cuvette, a pair of 450 µm solarization-resistant optical fibers, and OceanView 2.0 operating software.
Because it provides excellent resolution at normal light levels as well as stable and meaningful readings at low intensities, the Ocean HDX is an excellent choice to anchor this measurement package. What's more, the spectrometer's internal optical baffling and intelligent processing minimize stray light effects, and using the setup with variable pathlength cells allows the user to tailor specific concentration ranges as desired.
- High-performance spectrometer - Ocean HDX-UV-VIS (200-800 nm) provides accurate measurements across wide range of concentration levels
- High-power LED with control module -- LSM series 280 nm LED is well suited to protein measurements; included is single-channel LED Controller to enable simple programming
- Robust sampling optics -- SQ1-ALL cuvette holder and 1 cm pathlength quartz cuvette
- Solarization-resistant optical fiber -- (2) QP450-025-XSR 450 µm premium fiber (25 cm length) to connect to cuvette holder to light source and spectrometer
- Spectroscopy software -- OceanView desktop spectroscopy software
Video: BioBundle Protein Measurement Package
Watch how easy it is to configure a modular spectrometer setup for protein analysis.
A modular spectroscopy setup like our Protein Measurement Package is a convenient way to characterize heme proteins such as hemoglobin, myoglobin and cytochrome.