Surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy (SERS) substrates let you make fast, repeatable measurements for the identification and quantification of SERS-active analytes. Typical applications include trace level detection of narcotics, pesticides and taggants. Here are some key applications:
- Detection of narcotics. Fast identification of drugs in the field is a real boon for those combating drug-related crime. Often only small residues of a sample can be collected from a crime scene. SERS also opens up a potential route for fast roadside drug screening of drivers using saliva samples.
- Food safety. Certain additives such as melamine found in milk powder can be extremely harmful even at very low concentrations. Using SERS, we can qualify and quantify the level of dangerous trace elements in our food supply chain.
- Anti-counterfeit tagging. High value products that are subject to duties and taxes — petrol is one example — are often the target of piracy and fraud. By adding a small amount of a SERS-active taggant to the unadulterated product, detecting the taggant becomes an instant indicator of authenticity.
- High sensitivity -- substrates demonstrate superior sensitivity for a range of analytes
- Great stability -- highly stable substrates require no special handling and can be stored at room temperature
- Reproducibility -- highly reproducible and easily scaled manufacturing methods enable sensitive measurements at an affordable price
- Customized form factors -- unique production techniques can be tailored to impart specificity to analytes (on demand) and to custom form factors such as swabs and coatings
- SERS-active chemistry -- gold (AU) or silver (Ag) nanoparticles
- Quantity -- sold in packs of 5 substrates
SERS for Trace Level Virus Detection
In this video, we demonstrate how our proprietary surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy substrates enhance Raman signal to detect antibody samples from SARS-CoV-1 and -2 proteins.
COVID-19 Antibody Detection
In this demo, learn how high-sensitivity SERS substrates can be used for rapid detection of COVID-19 and other virus antibodies. Our solutions enable diagnostic kit developers to drive low limits of viral detection and speed up pass/fail test results.
Select model to see full specifications
- Excitation Wavelengths:
- 785 nm
- ppm to ppb level sensitivity for wide range of analytes
- SERS Active Chemistry:
- Gold (Au) Nanoparticles
- Laser Power:
- ≤20 mW
- SERS Active Area:
- 5.5 mm diameter circle
- Slide Dimensions:
- 25.4 x 76.2 x 1 mm
- Slide Material Specification:
- Borosilicate Glass
- Storage Lifetime:
- 1.5 months
- Volume Of Analyte:
- 15 µL