The NIRQuest+1.7 is a versatile NIR spectrometer for applications ranging from moisture detection to laser characterization. It is responsive from 900-1700 nm, while other NIRQuest+ models cover different ranges within 900-2500 nm. Custom and preconfigured NIRQuest+ options are available.
NIRQuest+1.7 can measure very small changes in absorbed signal, which are typical of harmonic overtones in the NIR. Its higher sensitivity enables better measurement accuracy, particularly in low light conditions. Also, at longer wavelengths, NIRQuest+1.7 measures diffuse reflection at low noise levels, resulting in cleaner spectra at wavelengths where distinct spectral features can be difficult to capture.
- Determination of moisture content in grains
- QA/QC inspection of pharmaceutical ingredients
- Measurement of blood oxygenation in tissue
- Component analysis of soil samples
- NIR laser characterization
- Hydrocarbons analysis in oil and gas
- Photoluminescence of coated silicon wafers
- Determination of chemical composition of plastics
For NIR solutions for customer integration projects, Ocean Insight offers several capabilities: in-house feasibility and verification testing via Ocean Lab Services; skilled engineering support for OEM level optimization of spectrometer optics and accessories; and machine learning algorithm development for advanced data identification and quantification.
NIRQuest+1.7 spectrometers are compatible with Ocean Insight's comprehensive line of fiber optic light sources, optical fibers and sampling accessories.
- Robust -- reliable spectrometer with deep thermoelectric cooling to -20 °C for low dark current
- Fast spectral processing -- rapid data transfer is great for applications using chemometric models
- Modular -- configurable with a range of detectors, gratings and slits for your application
- Flexible -- replaceable slit design and optional internal shutter for adaptable measurement control
Quick tip: A spectrometer wavelength calibration source can be a useful tool for your lab. For NIR applications, we recommend an Argon (AR-2, 696-1704 nm) or Xenon (XE-2, 916-1984 nm) emission source.
NIRQuest+ in the literature: How NIRQuest+ is helping researchers make more efficient use of the byproducts of paper making and pulp processes
Watch Our Newest NIR Spectrometer Video
With NIRQuest+, you'll enjoy a 2.5x increase in sensitivity, greater thermal stability, and low limits of detection from 900-2500 nm.
Using NIR Spectroscopy for Soil Characterization
Measuring soil composition with a near-infrared diffuse reflectance system helps characterize soil quickly, economically and effectively. In this demo, we use the NIRQuest+2.5 NIR spectrometer as part of a diffuse reflectance system for soil analysis.
Need a custom configured spectrometer?
Flexibility in the selection of gratings, slits and other components
allows users to customize solutions for specific measurement challenges.
Contact us to find out how a spectrometer can be configured.
Select model to see full specifications
- Wavelength Range:
- 900nm - 1.7μm
- Optical Resolution:
- 3.13 nm FWHM (typical)
- Integration Time:
- 1ms - 12s
- Input Fiber Connector:
- SMA 905
- Signal to Noise Ratio:
- 13000:1 (typical)
- InGaAs linear array
- Entrance slit:
- 25 µm
- Order Sorting:
- OF1-RG830 longpass NIR filter
- 182 x 110 x 47 mm
- 1.18 kg (without power supply)