The LTMS is a spectroscopy-based system for real-time, in-line monitoring of liquids including pharmaceuticals, industrial dyes, plating baths, and chemical coatings. It is based on the use of a built-in flow-cell setup with automatic fluid handling. The sensor portion of the LTMS is a compact transmission and absorbance platform with a rugged benchtop configuration designed for harsh environments and industries including consumer electronics manufacturing, food and beverages, and semiconductors.
The LTMS is a powerful tool for managing batch-to-batch color consistency in plating baths for metal parts or dye baths for textiles, and for monitoring concentration levels for chemical coatings and pharmaceuticals. As an in-line system, the LTMS eliminates the need to transport samples from the production line to quality control labs, saving time and resources, and making it possible to quickly address quality issues as they occur.
- Fully integrated system – robust, customized system complete with spectroscopy-based transmission measurement, modeling algorithms, and fluid handling
- In-line, batch-to-batch color consistency and concentration monitoring – real-time measurements speed up workflows by detecting quality issues as they occur
- Maximized production yields – improve batch efficiency by minimizing rework and increasing uptime
- Flexible setup – as measurement needs change, you can easily move LTMS from tank to tank to analyze new liquid samples
- No specialist needed – can be operated by manufacturing personnel
|Wavelength Range||400 – 700 nm (UV model available)|
|Optical Resolution||1.0 nm|
|Signal to noise ratio (typical)||8000:1 (using 100 measurements over 600 sec)|
|Cycle Time||40 ms to 5 min. (depending on sample absorbance, path length, and SNR requirements)|
|Communication||TCP/IP, RS-232, RS-485, ModBUS RTU to PLC|
|Sample Interface||Flow cell (multiple path lengths available), cuvette holder, custom interfaces upon request|
|Output||Transmission/absorbance values, answers through machine learning models (e.g., concentrations, pass/fail)|
|Dimensions||Control Unit: 180 x 160 x 100 mm (7.1 x 6.3 x 3.9 in.)w/ Fluid System: 980 x 410 x 460 mm (38.6 x 16.2 x 18.1 in.)|
Control Unit: 4.0 kg, 8.8 lbs
w/ Fluid System: 33 kg, 73 lbs
In this roundtable discussion, Ocean Insight experts describe the basics of color, differences in emissive and reflective color measurements, and color applications that transcend aesthetic considerations.
To improve product quality and streamline processes, manufacturers seek more effective methods of in-line color monitoring. In this application note, we discuss a versatile spectral system for non-contact color measurements.
Physics World Magazine wrote an article "In-line spectral monitoring gets ready to shine" on behalf of Ocean Insight in June 2020. Follow the links for excerpts from the published article.