Ocean Insight provides spectral solutions for researchers and businesses addressing the world’s increasing energy demands, including tools for mining and exploration, development of renewable resources, and monitoring of energy production.
- Spectral solutions are rugged, reliable and suitable for harsh environments
- Compact instrumentation is portable and easy to manage
- Solutions can be customized to size, performance and budget needs
- Devices are available as subassemblies and handheld, benchtop or industrial systems
Ocean Insight partners with customers on real-time, in situ solutions for the field, for use in the lab or on the line, or integrated into other measurement devices.
Renewable Energy Solutions
- Evaluation of plants and algae used in biofuels
- Testing and production of photovoltaic materials
- Research and evaluation of battery materials
- Measurement of solar simulators used in panel testing
Characterizing materials via spectroscopy is critical to understanding exactly how we can make them, and sustainable energy technologies, better. The scientific community has really thrown its brainpower into this area.
Non-Renewable Energy Solutions
- Ethanol monitoring for more effective, cleaner-burning fuel mixture composition
- Determination of mineral composites at mining sites, to pinpoint extraction needs
- Analysis of oil in water, to minimize pollutants both upstream and downstream
- Testing of engine oil to determine oil life and equipment condition
- Determination of fuel clarity and quality
Spectral Explorations in Mining
As new mineral sources are found across the globe, there is a desire to accurately classify rock types at the point of mining as well as point of use. Ocean Insight offers spectral reflection systems for rapid determination of mineral composites in a non-destructive test.
Using an optical probe to simply shine light on the mineral surface, the observed spectral peaks and patterns can be correlated to one or more compounds within the rock. This can be used to verify suspected minerals before large-scale extraction at the mining site, and to re-verify before use in the desired process.