Ocean Insight offers the spectral tools, knowledge and processes to monitor air, water and soil samples. We provide researchers, government regulators and manufacturers with the insight necessary to reduce waste and to preserve and maintain a clean, healthy environment.
Monitoring Air Quality
Ocean Insight offers solutions for spectral system integrators and users to make industries smarter, more efficient, and fully compliant with regulatory standards.
- Exhaust emission analysis of seagoing vessels
- Investigation of the impact of atmospheric aerosols on climate patterns
- Monitoring air quality at the site of oil spills
- Monitoring volcanic gas emissions
- Open-path air monitoring to detect harmful pollutants near factories
- Spectroscopy for air quality analysis
Monitoring Our Earth
From remote sensing to soil analysis, Ocean Insight offers spectral tools for people inspired to improve environmental stewardship.
- Identification and testing of contaminants in soil and water
- Monitoring of environmental elements and climate conditions
- Monitoring the effects of solar irradiance
- Remote sensing measurements of coastal erosion
- Soil characterization using the NIRQuest+ spectrometer
Monitoring Water Quality
How clean is our water? What steps can we take to prevent waste entering our water supply? Ocean Insight supports global efforts to address these and related issues using spectroscopy and optical sensing technologies.
Chemical and biological health analysis of surface waters
Detection of coral reef contaminants
Determination of oxygen levels as part of Florida Everglades restoration
Identification and testing of contaminants in water
- Testing a method of degrading pharmaceuticals in wastewater
From conscientious manufacturers to concerned citizens, people are embracing new ways to reduce waste. Ocean Insight is doing its part by offering the technology and know-how to help businesses become more efficient.
High-speed, in-line material identification for easier recycling
Remediation of microplastics
Scrap metal sorting
- Using Spectroscopy to Prevent Food Waste
Invest in Our Planet™
I have lots of heroes: anyone and everyone who does whatever they can to leave the natural world better than they found it.
You might be interested in...
In the maritime industry, the need for timely, reliable data is growing. This is driven by a desire to accelerate continual improvement in efficiency, cost savings, environmental impact and regulatory realities.