NIRQuest+ is the next generation of NIR spectrometers from Ocean Insight. The NIRQuest+ family has an improved optical bench design for higher-sensitivity performance and is available in a configuration well suited for your NIR application.
NIRQuest+ is available in three versions covering different wavelengths from 900-2500 nm. These spectrometers are ideal for applications including moisture content for fruit sorting; plastics recycling; and chemical concentration measurements. The spectrometer can be used in the lab or on the line, such as on a conveyor belt or in a sample stream.
NIRQuest+ can measure very small changes in absorbed signal, which are typical of harmonic overtones in the NIR. Its higher sensitivity enables better measurement accuracy, particularly in low light conditions. Also, at longer wavelengths, NIRQuest+ measures diffuse reflection at low noise levels, resulting in cleaner spectra at wavelengths where distinct spectral features can be difficult to capture.
For NIR solutions for customer integration projects, Ocean Insight offers several capabilities: in-house feasibility and verification testing via Ocean Lab Services; skilled engineering support for OEM level optimization of spectrometer optics and accessories; and machine learning algorithm development for advanced data identification and quantification.
NIRQuest+ spectrometers are compatible with Ocean Insight's comprehensive line of fiber optic light sources, optical fibers and sampling accessories.
- Preconfigured models across 900-2500 nm – options include 900-1700 nm (NIRQuest+1.7), 900-2200 nm (NIRQuest+2.2) and 900-2500 nm (NIRQuest+2.5)
- High sensitivity – enhanced optical bench and aperture design for greatly improved spectrometer response, allowing lower limits of detection (LOD)
- Low LOD – detect weaker sources of NIR light and use shorter integration times to capture necessary spectra
- Thermal stability – thermoelectric cooling to -20 °C for low dark current performance
- Flexible applications – ideal for moisture content of fruits and grains; identification of plastics in recycling; and chemical concentration measurements
- Configurability -- compatible with Ocean Insight light sources, optical fibers and accessories
Quick tip: A spectrometer wavelength calibration source can be a useful tool for your lab. For NIR applications, we recommend an Argon (AR-2, 696-1704 nm) or Xenon (XE-2, 916-1984 nm) emission source.
NIRQuest+ in the literature: How NIRQuest+ is helping researchers make more efficient use of the byproducts of paper making and pulp processes
Watch Our Newest NIR Spectrometer Video
With NIRQuest+, you'll enjoy a 2.5x increase in sensitivity, greater thermal stability, and low limits of detection from 900-2500 nm.
Using NIR Spectroscopy for Soil Characterization
Measuring soil composition with a near-infrared diffuse reflectance system helps characterize soil quickly, economically and effectively. In this demo, we use the NIRQuest+2.5 NIR spectrometer as part of a diffuse reflectance system for soil analysis.
Need a custom configured spectrometer?
Flexibility in the selection of gratings, slits and other components
allows users to customize solutions for specific measurement challenges.
Contact us to find out how a spectrometer can be configured.
Select model to see full specifications
- Wavelength Range:
- 900nm - 2.5μm
- Optical Resolution:
- 3.13 nm FWHM (typical)
5.47 nm FWHM (typical)
6.25 nm FWHM (typical)
- Integration Time:
- 1ms - 12s
- Dark Noise:
- 16 RMS counts @ 10 ms
24 RMS counts @ 30 ms
6 RMS counts @ 100 ms
12 RMS counts @ 250 ms
- Input Fiber Connector:
- SMA 905
- Signal to Noise Ratio:
- 10000:1 (typical)
- InGaAs linear array
InGaAs Linear Image Sensor
- Entrance slit:
- 25 µm
- Order Sorting:
- OF1-RG830 longpass NIR filter
- 182 x 110 x 47 mm
- 1.18 kg (without power supply)